Now Available: Bus Schedule for MALCS Summer Institute
Please be aware that the El Rito Campus Dining Hall will be the primary source for meals during the MALCS Conference. Due to the rural nature of the conference, note that other dining options are 15 to 30 miles away. In order to purchase the necessary food and prepare menus, we need to have an accurate count of individuals who will be eating in the dining hall. If we do not have an accurate count, those who have chosen a meal plan will have priority.
Children under 12: $15 a day
Adults over 12: $30 a day
You may purchase meal plans through our online registration form or call (505) 747-2147.
El Rito is located one hour North of Santa Fe. Click here for driving directions to El Rito.
Transportation to and from the airport and between the hotels and the El Rito campus are available at the following rates:
- Shuttle, round-trip from Airport $50
- Shuttle, round-trip from hotels (Thurs/Fri/Sat) $30
Below are some options to get you from the Albuquerque Sunport to the Española and El Rito Campuses. Limited regional flights through American Eagle and United are also available through Santa Fe Municipal Airport.
- Albuquerque Sunport: https://www.cabq.gov/airport/
- Santa Fe Municipal Airport: https://www.santafenm.gov/airport
- Albuquerque Rail Runner: https://www.nmrailrunner.com
- Albuquerque Ride Bus: https://www.cabq.gov/transit/bus-routes-and-schedules
- Park & Ride Bus: https://dot.state.nm.us/en/pickup_dropoff.html
- RTD Express Shuttle Española: https://www.ncrtd.org/Espanola_Area.aspx
There are several lodging options for the El Rito conference. Northern has arranged special rates with the following hotels for MALCS Summer Institute attendees.
It is important to note that if you reserve a hotel room in Española, you will need to travel 30 miles to the El Rito campus.
- SANTA CLARAN HOTEL: 37 MINUTES FROM EL RITO
www.santaclaran.com, 460 N Riverside Dr, Española, NM 87532
877-505-4949 or (505) 367-4900
Standard Room $72
Governor’s Suite $150
- OHKAY HOTEL: 32 MINUTES FROM EL RITO
www.ohkay.com, 68 New Mexico 291, Ohkay Owingeh, NM 87566
(505) 747-1668 or 877-747-1668
Standard Room $62
* For Ohkay Casino Hotel, a charge of $10/additional guest is applicable, up to four guests.
- ABIQUIU INN: 15 MINUTES FROM EL RITO
www.abiquiuinn.com, 21120 Hwy 84, 575-779-2956 or 1-800-447-5621
Economy Room $99.95
Plaza Blanca Room $134.95
Red Mesa Suite $154.95
Plaza Blanca Casita $189.95
River King Casita $189.95
Pedernal Two-bedrm $189.95*
For Abiquiu Inn, a charge of $15/additional guest is applicable, up to four guests.
- INN AT THE DELTA: 30 MINUTES FROM EL RITO
243 N Paseo De Onate, Española, NM 87532
(505) 753-9466, 1-800-995-8599
Standard, Queen Size Bed $85
When making your reservation, request the corporate rate for Northern New Mexico College
- EL RITO CAMPUS DORMS: ON-SITE
Participants may also choose to stay in the El Rito campus dorms, which are affordable and especially suitable for students without means of transportation.
Single Occupancy (private bath) $45
Double Occupancy (communal bath) $40
Single Occupancy (apartment suite) $60
Single Occupancy (communal bath) $36
* For El Rito, a charge of $20/additional guest is applicable, up to four guests.
OTHER LODGING OPTIONS (No special rates):
- BUFFALO THUNDER CASINO RESORT
www.buffalothunderesort.com, 30 Buffalo Thunder Trail
Santa Fe, NM 87506, 877.455.7775
- CITIES OF GOLD CASINO HOTEL
www.citiesofgold.com, 10-B Cities of Gold Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87506
- DAYS INN ESPAÑOLA
www.daysinn.com, 807 S Riverside Dr, Española, NM 87532, (505) 747-1242
- MOTEL 6 ESPAÑOLA
www.motel6.com, 811 S Riverside Dr, Española, NM 87532, (505) 753-5374
Meal plans are also available for purchase at the rate of $30 a day for three meals. We encourage conference participants to take advantage of this plan, as dining options are limited in El Rito.