UMass Amherst Police Department
- Phone: (413) 545-2121
- Address: 351 Hicks Way, Amherst, MA 01003
For Health Emergencies
In a life-threatening emergency, always call 911 for ambulance transportation to a hospital.
- Tell the 911 dispatcher as much information about the injured person’s location, gender, age and nature of the injury.
- DO NOT attempt to move the injured person.
University Health Services
For all non life-threatening emergencies, University Health Services (https://www.umass.edu/uhs/) provides a wide range of health and prevention services. Visit their website to learn about their services and other health-related resources, such as:
- Widespread illness protection
- Sexual assault prevention and campus escorts
- First aid kit information
Call the Triage Advice Nurse, (413) 577-5229 during health center hours. For after-hours medical and mental health advice, call (413) 577-5000.
University Health Services summer hours / Effective May 12, 2019
Walk-in Care: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Closed Saturday and Sunday