2019 Summer Institute Committee:
Martha O. Acevedo | MALCS At Large Representative
Sonya M. Alemán | Chicana/Latina Studies Editor
Cecelia Aragón | MALCS Ex-Oficia Chair
Elena Avilés | MALCS Webjefa
Mari Castañeda | 2019 Summer Institute Site Committee Chair
Dolores Delgado Bernal | MALCS Chair
Vanessa Fonseca-Chávez | MALCS Membership Coordinator
Irene Mata | 2019 Summer Institute Site Committee Member
Sandra Pacheco | MALCS Treasurer
Kimberlee Pérez | 2019 Summer Institute Site Committee Member
Karen Roybal | MALCS At Large Representative
Yvette Saavedra | MALCS Chair-Elect
Aïda Valenzuela | MALCS Recording Secretary
MALCS membership is open to all women, trans and gender non-conforming people who identify as Chicana, Latina, Afro-Latina, Native American and/or Indigenous working toward the support, education and dissemination of Chicana/Latina & Native American women’s issues. This includes faculty, staff, graduate students, undergraduates, and community members.
In order to participate in the Summer Institute you must be an active MALCS member.
Your membership includes
- a registration discount for the annual Summer Institute
- an opportunity to present at the Summer Institute
- a subscription to Chicana/Latina Studies: The Journal of MALCS
- eligibility to participate in the annualChicana/Latina Studies: The Journal of MALCS Writing Workshop
- access to MALCS web resources (ie. blog posting, discussion forums, member directory, online voting, etc.)
Our membership dues are on a sliding scale based on income, and must be renewed annually. Please select the membership level that corresponds to your current annual income. Once your payment has been processed, your membership will be activated.